Monday, January 21, 2008

Me in the eyes of other people...

I had a revelation recently.. me and my close friends[You guys know who you are] did a little heart to heart talk..When I say heart to heart, it really is..WE talked about all our fears, our dreams..Cause I guess right now we are all at a junction in life where we have to make a choice about going after our dreams or facing reality...A friend of mine is really facing this issue where she have to make a choice...So we start disscussing about the pro and cons of the decision needed to be made. But me being the cynic, I started blasting at her with all the cons..That's when She laughed and told me that is so typical you...always starting the negatives..Feeling quite shocked when she said that, I told her really, that is how you think of me..

But looking back(this is called reflecting), I do realised that I do look at the worst case scenario first every time a decision has to be made..To me it is a way of being prepared and having plan B. And seriously, I am a firm believer of plan B and being prepared when things go wrong. So the only way I can have get a solution when things go wrong is to mentally thinking out the worst case scenario and finding the solution to that scenario...I know that not all the decision I made will turn to be the worst case scenario but I somehow feel quite comforted at the thought that I had gone through the worst case scenario in my head and I know what to do if it happened..I guess that makes me less of a risk taker but I just don't like risks hehe...

And I do admit that whenever ppl come to me with their problem or needing advise, I'll always begin with the the cons first..because I believe problems are based on a bad and good sides and we always need to take a look at both side before we can come at a solution. But human nature will always be focused more on the good side of things rather than on the bad side..so that is where I come in, informing my frens on the bad side of their decision to have a clearer picture in their head..and if they believe that they could handle the bad side of the decision then they should go ahead with the decisions that they have decided..

Anyways going back to my friends, I realised what true friends I have cause as they say true friends/soulmates are people who knows all abbout your flaws and yet they love you anyways..So guys thanks for being my true friends and trust me I'll always be yours :D

2 comments:

oink-oink said...

Yup, I have to agree with you too.. I also think of if i could handle the worst scenario then I will do it. But sometimes, I do take risks anyway, since it is not going to kill me, i will do it..For me I will weigh outcome and risk, if the outcome is wat i really wan, i will do all i can and take the risk..

Do u believe a lot of things and beliefs are misconceptions built by the mind.. there are some things that aren't what we believe in.. so taking risks sometimes help us to "see" what is real, and by taking risk, we can find wat is our true potential.

However having said that, i still don dare to go escape theme park to take the exciting rides. lol.

Humans are made to err, it is good if u can accept each other flaws.. so i too agree, true friends really knows your flaws but still they accept u. I am trying to stuggle with this one, i think i need to learn how to accept each other flaws and indifferences between friends. sometimes to me if the differences is due to a character issue, sometimes i jus couldn't take it. lol. I will try my best.

oink-oink said...

But i believe that not 1+1= 2
Coz i can be a true friend and did all i can to maintain the friendship, but the other party might not be willing to do so much for the friendship or really care about how i am feeling emotionally and might not be so concerned abt me as how much i am concerned abt her. so thus i believe 1+1 is not 2

When faced with this issue, how will u react? will u accept this as a person's flaw? sometimes i feel hurt that i always need to be giving. It is straining, tiring, to always be giving and when u need the emotional support, sometimes they can't help or they doesn't wan to share it with u, maybe they find the burden too taxing for them..i have come across this situation too many times. Thats why i am prepared more to give than receive.

So sorry for the essay, i guess my brain is too active, i jus came back from class.. heh heh..