Monday, November 24, 2008

A busy weekend of being a rock star, a contestant in an amazing race and being in someone else's shoes

My weekend seem to be getting better and better as time passes by :)

Well someone had to be on standby last weekend and I was kicking up a bit of a fuss when he told me that he had to stay in the office overnight.

Me: why do you have to sleep the office? Isn't it better to go home and rest..
Him: Actually staying in the office to play PS3 with my colleagues..
Me: What!! you crazy..work whole day still not tired ah..
Him: Need to relieve stress lah..Can you try put yourself in my shoes sometimes?
Me: Cannot your shoes too big ;P
Him: hehe very funny..I'm not kidding you know..since you always complain, why don't you come over to the office and see for yourself and on sunday, you can come along when I'm doing servicing
Me: Is that a challenge? Ok i accept :P but ur colleagues dun mind I come meh
Him: No, they dun mind..they need a singer.
Me: huh??

It turn out to be that I was recruited to be a lead singer for a band called "Solidsnake"[Lame, I Know :)]. Bassist: Peter. Drums: Kee. Lead Guitar: Darren..And the showstopper on lead vocal: ME hehe :P

I can't imagine jamming(virtually of course) in the middle of the night[at 2am actually and we played till morning hehe]. When I first start playing, I sucked really bad..Singing in a rock band is not that easy after all hehe..and I keep bringing my band stars down..But as we played and (with the guys encouragement and tips) I got the hang of it, we started to have fun.

Then came the song that made us all feel like real rock stars.."Living on a prayer" by Bon Jovi..I am a closet Bon Jovi fan so when this song came along[I was like Hell yeah, Time to rock it out :P] and it was like everything had come together perfectly...The feeling was really like being in the rock back and DARREN was perfect on the guitar solo..We played this song repeatedly cause it feel really good and it became our favourite song.

So that's how I became a rock star for a day.[or should I say night]



Anyways on Sunday, I came along with him to do his servicing and it was like being in the amazing race but Singapore version. So basically this is what happened, he get a call,if possible he'll try to solve the problem over the phone. If not, then we'll go to that place, did some troubleshooting and try to resolve the issue. We went to so many places on Sunday that I lost count..And it is like the amazing race cause we get to the place, fix the problem and go to our next destination and all the troubleshooting had to be done within 2 hrs.[Get it? In the amazing race, the contestants have to get their destination, do the challenge, get their clue and move on to the next destination.] We didn't even have time to have a proper meal cause the calls were coming fast and furious :) We only get to finish the servicing at around 10pm and by then I was totally shagged. But he was still working on one of his customer hard disk trying to resolve a virus issue.

It is amazing how much you'll learn about a person when you are able to put yourself in their shoes..What I've learnt is that he works hard but plays even harder...He does flirt when he's out there doing servicing[Did I get jealous?of coz but just a tiny bit cause I know its just harmless and well I already have a place in his heart so there's not need to be worried].

I managed to be a rock star and a contestant in an amazing race for just being in someone else's shoes specifically his shoes..and I find that's truly and opener and glad I had a chance to do it..But it'll be perfect if only I can find a way to fit him in my shoes ...hehe :P



Delaila here signing off

P/S: Something awful happened to my sis last friday but not sure if I should blog about it cause it's something that happened to her not me but thank god, she didn't get hurt..But just one thing to say: Girls please take percaution when coming back home at night and always be aware of ur surroundings. If you feel uneasy, call someone to take you home.

No comments: