Monday, April 30, 2007

Truly one hell of a week!!

Oh my god! there is so much action and drama going last week on planet football. Actually I intend to write my opinions right after the champions League matches but I decide to wait untill after the EPL matches were played...And my gut instinct was truly on the spot...since there's so much drama that happened during the chase of the Premiership trophy...

But 1st let's start with the Championship league:

AC MILAN VS MAN U

Man!what a roller coaster ride of a match!!When i was watching this match at 1st i was quite annoyed when Ronaldo(or is it own goal by DIDA??) scored because AC Milan gave away a very stupid goal(must be Man U bomoh at work again cause the AC milan players looks like they are in a slumber hehe)..but the spell was broken by my very own real life Prince Charming KAKA(hehe my wishful thinking only) when he took advantage of a napping Man U defence to score an equaliser..(I was able to breathe much better after that goal). But KAKA brilliance was not over, in the 37th min, KAKA manage to get past 2 of Man U defenders as Heinze & Evra get in each other way to allow KAKA to calmly slot the lead past Van Der Sar.(I was like so happy when KAKA scored that goal cause he was showcasing his brilliance once again & I was actually laughing at how KAKA managed to make 2 good defenders look like a pair of clowns during the replay)I was actually thinking this is it for Man U but haiz..it was not meant to be..Man U was truly the King of Comeback this season..Gustusso exit from the from the match in the second half seem to breathe life into the Man U midfield which seem to be lifeless during the 1st half..An equaliser and a last min goal from Rooney seal the deal in the second half and MAN U bring back with them an advantage when they meet AC Milan in the San Siro for the 2nd Leg..



CHELSEA vs LIVERPOOL
This match is completely the polar opposite of the AC Milan vs Man U match..It starts out real slow and steady, not fast & furious as the AC Milan & Man U match. This is probably due to the fact that Liverpool & Chelsea had meet each other so many times that they were able to read each other moves well.(It could also be because there wasn't enough effort put in by Liverpool during the match. I was so mad at them for playing this game so poorly). Joe Cole's goal at the 29 min was the only goal but Liverpool was lucky not to concede more(luckily Reina was in top form Phew..)Poor me kena teased by my collegues, I got no choice but to accept it cause really I feel Liverpool deserve the loss..They just did not played good enough against Chelsea..Luckily its just 1 goal deficit and it is still possible for Liverpool to claw their way to the final.



Back to the EPL:

EVERTON vs MAN U
King of Comeback strikes again(in fact I think they should be proclaimed as Master of Comeback) & Wayne Rooney saves the day once again..I think these were the headlines screaming out in the papers after this pulsating & heart-thumping match. I actually kept my eye on both the Man U and Chelsea matches that night but it seem to me that the Man U match was more exciting right from the start. Everton leads with two goals and by now you should know the end of the story whenever Man U is trailing behind..But in this case it was Everton who gifted 2 goals to Man U.(A colossal mistake by the Everton Keeper & and an own goal ironically by ex-man U player Phil Neville..[I wonder how Gary Neville thank his brother for the goal heehe mayb a share of the EPL trophy prize $$]). After being on level terms, u might think that Sir Alex might rest some players for the Champions League game but no sir, not the man they called "the hairdryer", he bring on Christiano Ronaldo and that increased the tempo of the game as Man U search for a winner...And you won't expect it to be anybody else but Rooney to find that winning goal..Everton having a flying start to the match seem to have given up after Rooney's goal and it is before long that Everton concede another goal to a promising young Man U talent(Eagles). With Chelsea held to a draw by Bolton, Man U celebrated as if they already won the title at the final whistle(perhaps to Chelsea fans, it was tad too early).What's interesting for me is to watch the different expressions that shows on Sir Alex Ferguson face's through the match from the time Man U was trailing(where his chewing gum bear the brunt of his frustration and watching his face getting redder by the minute hehee) to the time when Man U was leading. His expessions itself make the match interesting to watch (heehe to me lah as always, I'm always trying to find the humourous side of football ;))

No comments: