Thursday, November 29, 2007

Liverpool vs Porto

Sorry about not writing about liverpool lately. Been bz with all the little crisis in my life...Anyway, back to the topic...If u guys noticed, I only start writing about liverpool matches when it start to get crucial..This is because I am only willing to have 2 or 3 hours of sleep to watch a match when it is important or I know it's going to be an exciting match...And the Liverpool vs Porto match is really important because Liverpool will be out of Champions League if they lose and because Liverpool have been really erratic in Euro, I was worried that this was going to be the last match in Europe for Liverpool[IF they lose I think nobody would care about the last match ]. But fortunately the REDS prove me wrong..and god how I love being wrong this time :)

Liverpool started the match enthuastically with both drive and determination. They were rewarded when TORRES managed to get a goal with a header while being completely unmarked by the Porto defence from a classic Gerrard's corner.[I was thinking how could any defence allow a 26 million pound worth of player be completely unmarked]. But their loss was our gain and from then on Liverpool completely control the game until 15 min before half time when Porto gave Liverpool a taste of their own medicine.

Przemyslaw Kazmierczak's cross floated beautifully into the box and Arbeloa completely misread the flight allowing Lopez to head home the equaliser. After that goal, confidence began to grow in the Porto players as they got the chance to be in the lead twice but was denied due to poor finishing.

I was quite relieved when the half time whistle was blown by the Ref cause I felt that Porto was really very close to get the winning goal.

At half time, Liverpool was not able to get their rhythm and lost control the game. I was truly frustrated at this time cause they were passing aimlessly and keep losing possession of the ball and I heard the Marseille had equalised against Bestika. [I was like Come on REDS you can do it and I was really worried that Liverpool was going to be the 2nd England]

But I guess I had nothing to worry about as Liverpool managed to get 3 goals in a space of 20 mins[A wonderful goal by TORRES yet again with Arbeloa making amends by providing the assist, a penalty by Gerrard and a goal by Peter Crouch]

All in all, I think the match had more positives than negatives as they started the game great but lost their focus and rhythm in the 2nd half and still was able to get a result. The game became so much livelier when Harry Kewell came on and this is another positive as we now have another player who could make a difference in a game when we needed it[Another player was of course Crouch]. Another positive Marseille lost against Bestika and this provide a great chance for Liverpool. But I sure hope that Liverpool won't do an England.

No comments: